CHALKING is evident with the formation of fine, white powder on the surface of the paint film due to weathering, which may give the appearance of colour fading.
- The use of a low-grade, highly pigmented paint
- The use of an interior paint for an outdoor application
- Over-exposure of a coating which does not have adequate UV resistance
- Painting of acrylic primers on walls with moisture contents of higher than 15%
- Over-thinning of a coating Over-spreading of the primer and/or the topcoat
- Scrape or sand the substrate to remove wrinkled coating.
- If using a primer, allow it to dry completely before applying a quality topcoat.
- The primer selection will depend on the type of surface to be primed