- LowNourishes and preserves wood.
- Low cost.
- Impervious to moisture and chemicals.
- Easy to apply.
- Will not form a surface film which can crack or peel.
- Acceptable glossy appearance.
- Useful for sealing and protecting porous wooden surfaces with medium term protection in mind.
- Mixing: Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller, brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with ProGold Mineral Turpentine or White Spirits.
- Temperature between 10°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10: 00 and 16: 00.
Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
Recoating time: 4-6 hours.
Requirements: 2 coats depending on the severity of the condition.
All surface to be clean dry and sound. Remove any oil, grease, plaster splatter, etc.
- Sand the surface with 150-180 grit sandpaper (sand with the grain to eliminate damage to wood surface).
- Remove sanding dust from surface with a clean damp cloth or paintbrush.
Previously coated WOODPRO PROMOWOOD WAXSOL F in good condition:
- Sand to a smooth matt finish to provide a key.
- Wipe clean with a damp ProGold Mineral Turpentine cloth to neutralise and to remove saw dust.
Previously coated with a wax sealer/oil based wood preservative in all conditions:ealing of absorbent surfaces:
- Mechanically sand until raw wood is exposed with no product residue.
- Wipe clean with a damp ProGold Mineral Turpentine cloth to neutralise and to remove saw dust..
Previously varnish wood in all conditions:
- Strip completely by deep sanding or by using a paint stripper for wood.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water to neutralise and allow drying.
- Sand to a smooth surface finish.
- Remove dust with a damp cloth.
Weathered or Discoloured wood:
- Remove the weather or discoloured layers by sanding with a 100 grit sandpaper to an even smooth finish.
- Remove dust with a damp cloth. Alternatively treat wood with a wood reviver to remove any weather damage and to neutralise the wood surface, allow drying.
- Sand to a smooth finish.
- Remove dust with a damp cloth.
- AAll surfaces to be coated should be sound, clean, dry and free from sawdust and loose, flaking material after using the correct preparation method and products.
- Stir product regularly with a flat paddle to achieve an even consistency before and during application process.
- Apply product by brush or roller to ensure the best penetration into cracks and crevices.
- New work: Apply two coats, depending on the severity of the conditions.
- Recoating and general maintenance: Apply 1 coat but do not work the brush or roller too much over the same area
- FlAs with all wood coating products routine inspections are needed every 3 to 6 months. It is recommended to apply a maintenance coat every 6 to 9 months or when the wood appears dry to prolong the life of the WOODPRO PROMOWOOD WASXOL F.
- Cannot be applied directly over previous wood treatments without the correct preparation.
- When coating exterior wood special attention must be given to the adequate sealing and coating of the end grain.
- Only apply product to dry wood in a dust free environment.
- To ensure a consistent appearance ensure that the batch numbers on all containers are the same. Where batch numbers on containers differs intermix before use.
- Not for use below ground level.
- Do not recoat with decorative topcoats as bleeding will occur.
- Flammable when heated, avoid overheating, sparks and open flames.
- Product does not provide good protection against abrasion.
- Insoluble in water.
- Redecorating or cleaning existing applications with solvents will soften the film.
- KeepKeep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- In case of accidental skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Do not smoke while painting.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.