- Water based: Low odour.
- Good over coating properties.
- Good obliteration.
- Economical: For cost effective applications.
- Direct application to sound interior and exterior cement plaster as a primer.
- Low cost finishing coat for interior ceiling boards.
- Mixing: Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller, brush and airless spray.
- Thinning: Not recommended but 10% maximum with clean water if necessary.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Temperature between 10°C and 40°C, relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10: 00 and 16: 00.
- Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight.
Touch dry: 30 minutes @ 23°C.
Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase) whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying times (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease.
4 hours at 23°C.
- Sand to matt finish, clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1: 10 with water, rinse with water, allow drying and apply directly.
Powdered or Chalky:
- Soft, blistering, loose or flaking paint should be removed by high pressure water cleaning or scraping, wire brush or sanding to remove chalkiness or sand with P80 sandpaper.
- Wash with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1: 10 with water and abrasive pad to remove any remaining chalkiness. Rinse with portable water.
- Allow drying before applying a coat of Prominent Trade Bonding Liquid.
Blistering, loose & flaking paint:
- Clean the surface with high pressure water and/or by scraping, wire brush or sand with P80 sandpaper.
- Remove dust.
- Apply directly if the surface is sound.
Gloss Paint, Eggshell Enamel, sheen emulsion paint:
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1: 10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse and allow drying before applying one coat Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
Poor condition surfaces, i.e. excessive peeling:
- Strip down and treat as per new work.
- Not to be used on rhinolite and fibre cement or metal surfaces as a direct application.
- Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions, e.g. bathrooms and kitchens.
- Prominent Trade High Cover cannot accommodate excessive movement, i.e. hairline cracking or application onto flexible coatings like textured coats and waterproofing systems.
- Prominent Trade High Cover should not be applied in areas where good scrub resistance is required.
- The application of Prominent Trade High Cover to heavy textured plaster is not recommended.
- Thinning Prominent Trade High Cover with water will reduce the opacity and should not exceed a 1:10 ratio of Water/Prominent Trade High Cover.
- To ensure a consistent appearance ensure that batch numbers on all the containers are the same. Where the batch numbers differ, intermix before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.