Appearance: Matt finish
Colours: White. Tinting not recommended.
Solids: ± 50% by mass and ± 30% by volume.
Density: ± 1,39kg/l.
Recommended Dry Film Thickness: ±40µm per coat.
Spreading Rate: 4 - 8m²/l dependent on surface porosity and texture.
Viscosity at 23°C: ± 110Kµ.
Flash Point: Non-flammable.
Respecting the environment: 100% Lead Free. Dispose of excess product and containers in a responsible manner without harming the environment.
This product is manufactured under strict SABS ISO 9001 quality standards.
Available Sizes: 5Lt, 20Lt
2 coats minimum.
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry. Allow new plaster to cure for 21 days (moisture content below 15% before painting. Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
1. Interior cement plaster - Direct, no primer required.
2. Exterior cement plaster - Direct, no primer required.
3. Gypsum ceiling boards - Direct, no primer required.
4. Rhinolited surfaces - Prime with one coat of Prominent Paints Select Plaster Primer..
5. Partitioning Board - Prime with one coat of Prominent Paints Select Plaster Primer..
1. Sound condition - Sand to matt finish, clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water, allow drying and apply directly.
2. Powdered or Chalky - Clean the surface with high pressure water to remove chalkiness or sand with P80 sandpaper and clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and abrasive pad to remove chalkiness. Rinse with portable water. Allow drying before applying a coat of Prominent Paints Select Bonding Liquid.
3. Blistering, loose & flaking paint - Clean the surface with high pressure water and/or by scraping, wire brush or sand with P80 sandpaper. Remove dust. Apply 1 coat Prominent Paints Select High Cover if the surface proves to be sound.
4. Gloss & Semi Gloss acrylic surfaces - Sand to a matt finish with fine sandpaper to provide a good key. Remove dust and apply directly.
5. Gloss & Semi Gloss enamel surfaces - Sand to a matt finish with fine sandpaper to provide a good key. Remove dust and apply 1 coat Prominent Select Universal Undercoat.
6. Moisture infect walls - Consult Prominent Paints Technical Department.
It is advisable to test the compatibility of Select High Cover on the prepared previously painted surfaces. Paint a small section and test the adhesion after 24 hours by applying a strip of masking tape and attempt to rip the paint off. If the adhesion result proves to be good then proceed with painting.