- Water based: Low odour.
- Economical: Good obliteration at low cost.
- Quick drying.
- Good over coating properties for an economical primer.
- An economical primer for new interior or exterior cement plaster surfaces.
- Low cost finishing coat for interior ceiling boards.
- Mixing: Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller or brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended but 10% maximum with clean water if necessary.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Temperature between 10°C and 40°C, relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight.
Touch dry: 30 minutes @ 23°C.
Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase) whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying times (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease.
Recoating time: 4 hours at 23°C.
Requirements: 1 coat as a primer & 2 coats as a finishing coat on interior ceiling boards.
Gloss Paint, Eggshell Enamel, sheen emulsion paint:
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse and allow to dry before applying one coat Trade Universal Undercoat.
Matt emulsion paint:
- Sand to matt finish.
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and abrasive pad, rinse and allow drying before applying directly.
- High-pressure water jet cleaning or clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner diluted 1:10 with water and an abrasive pad, rinse with water and allow to dry then apply one coat Prominent Bonding Liquid.
Poor condition surfaces, i.e. excessive peeling:
- Strip down and treat as per new work.
- Not to be used directly on rhinolite, fibre cement or metal surfaces.
- Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions, e.g. bathrooms and kitchens.
- Primalex Acrylic PVA should not be applied in areas where high scrub resistance is required.
- The application of Primalex Acrylic PVA to heavy textured plaster is not recommended.
- Product cannot accommodate excessive movement, i.e. Hairline cracking or application onto flexible coatings like textured coats and waterproofing systems.
- Can only be applied under specified conditions.
- Thinning Primalex Acrylic PVA with water will reduce the opacity and should not exceed a 1:10 ratio of Water/Primalex Acrylic PVA.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In the event where product came in contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available from Prominent Paints Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.