- Very flexible: Can accommodate substrate movement.
- Exceptional water resistance: Prevents water from penetrating.
- Good UV resistance: Protects saturated membrane from UV degradation.
- Waterbased: Easy to apply and clean up.
- 100% lead free.
- Over-coating saturated waterproofing membrane.
- To be used in conjunction with Prominent Waterproofing Saturation Coat.
- Can be used instead of Prominent Waterproofing Saturation Coat to saturate waterproofing membranes.
- Mixing: Stir before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller, brush.
- Thinning: Water if required to a maximum of 10%.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with tap water when wet, ProGold Lacquer Thinners when dry.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10: 00 and 16: 00. Ideally apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point.
- If possible away from direct sunlight.
4-6 hours at 23°C.
Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
Recoating time: 24 hours if used to saturate the ProGold Membrane. 6 hours as a topcoat over the saturated ProGold Membrane at 23°C.
Requirements: Two coats when used on saturated waterproofing membranes. Three coats if used to saturate the ProGold waterproofing membrane.
New galvanised iron:
- Remove fabricators pre-treated oil and any other contamination with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1: 5) and abrasive pads to remove any oily layer or oxidation, rinse thoroughly with portable water and allow drying.
- Ensure that a water break-free surface is obtained.
- Apply 1 coat Prominent Galvanised Iron Primer.
Weathered galvanised iron:
- Loose rust and oxidation must be mechanically removed.
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1: 5) and abrasive pads to a water break-free surface.
- Rinse well and allow drying before coating with 2 coats Prominent Rust Primer.
Cement roof tiles:
- 1 coat Prominent Surface Restorer.
Cement plaster parapets:
- Brush down with soft bristle broom.
- Apply 1 coat Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Dampcure or Prominent Trade Plaster Primer.
- Clean and apply directly.
- Abrade to matt finish, remove dust and then apply.
- Must be removed, and then treat as new work.
- Surfaces must be clean and dry before painting.
- Directly onto correctly prepared and primed surface.
- Apply 1st coat of Prominent Waterproofing Topcoat at 2 m² per litre. While still wet unroll the ProGold Membrane on to the still wet Waterproofing Topcoat.
- Use a minimum of 100mm brush loaded with more Waterproofing Topcoat and dab the ProGold Membrane until completely saturated with the Waterproofing Topcoat, allow drying for 24 hours.
- Apply a 2nd and 3rd coat of Waterproofing Topcoat without ProGold Membrane with 6 hours drying between coats.
For maintaining a good sound waterproofing system:
- Clean and apply 2 coats of Waterproofing Topcoat without the use of ProGold Membrane.
Waterproofing which is porous, loose and/or dry:
- Remove all Waterproofing and treat as new.
- Cannot be used where water ponding occurs.
- Cannot be overcoated with non-flexible paints e.g. Prominent Premium Matt.
- Not for use in fish ponds.
- Not recommended as a waterproofing for application to surfaces coated with Prominent Bituminous Aluminium Paint or Prominent General Purpose Aluminium Paint.
- Cannot be applied to wet or damp surfaces or in conditions other than specified, or if rainfall or dew is imminent or to surfaces where the temperature is less than 10°C.
- Metal roofs must not be exposed to rain within 24 hours after application.
- To ensure colour consistency of the applied coating, check that the batch numbers are the same on all containers.
- Prominent Waterproofing Topcoat is not designed for the purpose of collecting rain water off painted roofs for drinking purposes. It is therefore essential for customers who collect rain water from painted roofs for drinking purposes to follow stringent guidelines. For more information on the guidelines contact Prominent Paints Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 474
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- If the surface to be painted is asbestos then the preparation, cleaning and/or removal of broken asbestos sheeting needs to be done in compliance to the Asbestos Regulations, 2001 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993. (ACT NO 85 of 1993). Contact Prominent Paints Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 4746 if a copy of the Asbestos Regulations is required.