- Alkali resistant: Protects subsequent coats against alkali attack.
- Good penetration: Dissolves binder, penetrates porous surfaces and seals them off.
- Good adhesion: To porous, correctly prepared chalky surfaces.
- Primer for new interior and exterior cement plaster.
- Primer for sound gypsum plaster, hardboard, gypsum boards, rhinolite, glasstone and crete stone.
- Mixing: Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Brush or roller.
- Thinning: Not recommended.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with mineral turpentine.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2ºC above dew point and if possible away from direct sunlight.
Surface dry, 1 hours, Hard dry, 8 hours at 23ºC.
16 hours at 23 ºC
Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the recoating times (approximately halved for every 10ºC increase), whilst lower temperatures and high humidity will retard the recoating times (approximately doubled for every 10ºC decrease).
Requirements: One coat
Gypsum board, hardboard:
- Remove chalkiness and then apply.
- Conduct a masking tape adhesion test 24 hours after application to ensure that good adhesion is established before over coating.
Not recommended for redecorating:
- Primalex Plaster Primer use is limited to that of a primer only and tinting is not recommended. Chalking will take place if exposed to UV rays.
- Primalex Plaster Primer is only intended for absorbent surface with moisture content of 15% or below and is not a cure for damp problems.
- To ensure a consistent appearance, ensure that the batch numbers on all containers are the same. Where batch numbers on containers differ, intermix before use.
- Flammable: Do not use near an open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- Ensure to maintain adequate ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.