- Mar and scratch resistant.
- Thixotropic gel: Easy to apply, non-drip.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Sheen.
- Water and steam resistant.
- Good adhesion to gypsum board ceilings.
- Can be tinted to specific colour requirements.
- 100% lead free.
- Final coat for interior walls and woodwork where mar resistance is required.
- Serves as a primer and undercoat on new wood.
- Serves as an undercoat and final coat on primed metal.
- Ideal for bathroom and kitchen ceilings (including gypsum board).
- Mixing: DO NOT stir before use. If stirred, allow product to settle again into a thixotropic gel.
- Method: Roller (short nap/mohair), brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended.
- Cleaning: Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with ProGold Mineral Turpentine.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10:00 and 16:00. Ideally apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2°C above dew point.
Surface dry - 4 hours, Hard dry - 16 hours at 23°C.
Note: Higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times (approximately halved for every 10°C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying time (approximately doubled for every 10°C decrease).
16 hours at 23°C.
- 1 coat Prominent Dampcure or Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Prominent Trade Plaster Primer or Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
- 1 coat Prominent Plaster Primer or Prominent Trade Plaster Primer and 1 coat Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
- Clean with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:10) and abrasive pads to remove oil and grime.
- Rinse with water and allow drying.
- Apply 1 coat Prominent Rust Primer and 1 coat Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
- Remove rust, degrease with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:10) and abrasive pad.
- Rinse with running water.
- Allow to dry and apply two coats Prominent Rust Primer and one coat Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
- 1 coat Prominent Wood Primer.
- Sand down, remove dust and apply 1 coat Prominent Premium Universal Undercoat or Prominent Trade Universal Undercoat.
Sound matt emulsion paint:
- Clean and apply directly.
Sound sheen emulsion paint:
- Sand down, dust off and apply directly.
Poor condition surface:
- Strip down and treat as new work.
- Interior use only.
- Colour range limited to tinting system.
- Gel viscosity can change over time, only affecting application properties.
- Moisture content must not exceed 15%.
- Cannot be applied to unprimed surfaces.
- Apply only under specified conditions.
- Application must be even to prevent variations in gloss levels.
- Spot touch-ups will lead to colour and gloss variations.
- Very cold conditions will lengthen drying time.
- To ensure a consistent appearance ensure that batch numbers on all the containers are the same. Where the batch numbers differ, intermix before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk.
- Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
The tint base containers are only filled to levels which are specific for each tint base to allow the calculated volume of colourant to be added in order to achieve the volume indicated on the container after tinting. Tint bases and colourants are unfinished products which should not be used on their own. Only once the prescribed colourant is added to the specific tint base will the finished product comply with the technical features and related information as set out in this TDS.
Colourant to be used:
Prominent colourants are Lead Free specifically formulated for use with Prominent Pro-Matic tinting system. ICC colourants which are Lead Free using only Prominent supported formulations on Largo 2000.
White and Clear Tint Base.