- Water-based Easy cleaning, low odour and quick drying.
- UV resistant Resists severe sunlight conditions – normal fading of colours can take place over time.
- Low VOC
- Tough and durable for long-term protection of exterior walls.
- Excellent flexibility to keep hairline cracks obliterated, when applied at less than 5m²/l.
- Lead free.
- Good water resistance to prevent penetration of dampness on exterior walls.
- To protect exterior wall surfaces.
- To obliterate hairline cracks in exterior cement plaster.
- For application to cement plaster, unglazed bricks, breeze blocks and fibre cement.
- Mixing: Stir before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
- Method: Roller or brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended.
- Cleaning: Tap water. Remove as much of the product as possible from the application equipment before cleaning with water.
- Temperature between 5°C and 40°C.
- Relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least 2ºC above dew point and if possible away from direct sunlight.
Touch dry 30min to 1 hour at 23 ºC
Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the recoating times (approximately halved for every 10ºC increase), whilst lower temperatures and high humidity will retard the recoating times (approximately doubled for every 10ºC decrease).
Recoating time: 4 hours at 23°C.
Requirements: 2 coats.
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting. Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strength (MPA).
Cement plaster sound with 15% or less moisture:
- Apply one coat Select Wall and Ceiling or Select Plaster Primer.
Cement plaster sound with 40% or less moisture:
- Apply one coat Prominent Dampcure.
- Only proceed once the moisture contents prove to be 15% or less.
Unglazed bricks, breeze blocks and fibre cement:
- Apply Premium Plaster Primer, Prominent Dampcure or Select Plaster Primer.
- Apply Select Plaster Primer.
- Wire brush/high-pressure water jet the surface and apply one coat Select Plaster Primer or Prominent Dampcure.
Sound matt emulsion painted surfaces:
- Clean down with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:10), allow drying.
- If sound, apply direct.
Sound gloss or sheen painted surfaces:
- Sand down to a matt finish, wash down with ProGold General Purpose Cleaner/water mixture (1:10), allow drying.
- Apply direct.
Painted surface in poor condition, i.e. extensive peeling:
- Remove to sound surface and treat as new work.
- Spot touch-ups will lead to colour/texture variations.
- Can only be applied under specified climatic conditions.
- Spreading rate of 5m²/litre cannot be exceeded.
- Textured is not a controlled tinting base and therefore only eye tinting can be done for light pastel colours using universal paint stainers.
- To ensure a consistent appearance ensure that batch numbers on all the containers are the same, where batch numbers differ, intermix before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
- Wear a suitable dust mask if sanding.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
- If product is ingested drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
- Do not smoke while painting.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for detailed information about the product and transportation and classification criteria. MSDS is available on www.prominentpaints.co.za or from Prominent Paints Customer Service Department.
- To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position.
- If the surface to be painted is asbestos then the preparation, cleaning and/or removal of broken asbestos sheeting needs to be done in compliance to the Asbestos Regulations, 2001 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993. (ACT NO 85 of 1993). Contact Prominent Technical Department on 0861 776 646 or 011 389 4746 if a copy of the Asbestos Regulations is required.